EMERGENCY PROCEDURES FOR ROCKET SAFETY
GALAXY RECOVERY BALLISTIC PARACHUTE SYSTEM
FOR EMERGENCY INFORMATION
OR CALL IN THE USA: #1-310-251-7560 – Sport Flying Shop or #1.501.228.7777
First! Call 911 and report the accident. Proceed only if the loss of life is imminent.
1. Stored next to the rocket engine is a SAFETY PIN (red flag attached) with which to secure the rocket.
3. Place the end of the pin into the hole inside the silver colored launch tube. This hole has a RED outline and is about half-way up the exposed portion of the rocket and can be seen from either side of the rocket. The pin MUST go completly through the rocket motor and out the other side, or the rocket is not secure
4. The pin can be inserted from either direction but must go completely throught the rocket motor and housing.
Packing of product
- Transport saf1. Safety A- of steel wire diameter 2 mm, B M5 bolt.
- Transport steel basket.
- Operational safety pin with little flag.
- Transport screws 2 x M5.
You must get updated advice from the factory before shipping.
NOTICE: Be extremely careful if the rocket has been dislodged from it’s mounting.
DO NOT PULL OR ROTATE THE ROCKET TO INSERT THE PIN!
The activation levers or cable may have been partially extended and the firing pins may not be secure. After the rocket is secured and removed from the aircraft by a trained pyrotechic individual, it may be stored nose down in a small hole dug in the ground. The trained pyrotechic individual may also render it inert by by removing the red plastic cover over the rocket engine exhaust, breaking through the thin brass membrane covering the exhaust exit port and pouring water into the exhaust port. Within thirty (30) minutes after propellant saturation by water the rocket should be safe for removal.
The safetieis on the GRS system:
- Handling and transport safety „ A” –wire in the peg –the most important for all manipulation !
- Transport safety „B” – the bolt in the back part of the rocket tube.Without loosing this bolt, the rocket can´t go out.It will not leave the rocket tube ! This is transport safety!
Transport safety „ B” take out before installation and „A” are removed and the systém is already installed !!
- Transport steel basket for transport-in the back side is the deflector,turns the pull of rocket in case of firing
- The automatic inner safety pin, endurance 35 G aginst impact and fire. This is efefctive whole the time, unless the systém is activated by pulling the activation handle.
- Safety peg with little flag in handle. The pin to handle with the warning flag, remove before flight!
This all perfectly working already 25 years,but people must not forget to remove all safeties before flight A , B ,3, 5 !!